by Noriko Misumi
Author Noriko Misumi teaches you her philosophy of mending and reusing items based on the age-old Japanese concepts of mindfulness and wabi-sabi (an appreciation of old and imperfect things). In her book, she shows you how to:
- Repair any kind of fabric that is torn, ripped or stained, whether knitted or woven
- Work with damaged flat or curved surfaces to make them aesthetically pleasing again
- Create repairs that blend in, as well as bold or whimsical visible repairs
- Darn your handmade or expensive gloves, sweaters and socks to make them look great again!
- Discover the joy to be found in working with your hands and the personal artistry within yourself which lies at the heart of this book. While nothing lasts forever, there's pleasure, as well as purpose, in appreciating age and imperfection.
Joyful Mending allows you to surround yourself with the things that truly give you joy, whether they were given to you by a loved one, picked up in your travels or simply have a special place in your heart.
Out of stock